Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Practice, Waco, Rides, Sumrall-Shout-Out

Howdy Ags!


Practice tomorrow from 8-11pm.  The Waco Tourney is this weekend and we will be leaving as a group early on Saturday morning.  We will probably meet in the parking lot by the intramural tennis courts, but I'll have more info on that later.  Also, I'm still making a list of drivers for Saturday, so let me know if you can help us carpool.  So far as drivers I have:
  • Billy
  • Nichole
  • Andy
  • Jbrow
  • David H.
  • Kymber
  • Doug Cady
  • Jensen
  • Brad/Gary
  • Christine
We still need a few more spots for people so let me know if you are driving, or if you are driving up early like on Friday or something.

Today we will also be having a guest speaker from probably the biggest fan of TAMU Tennis Club other than your mom:

Hey club,
I've missed you guys and all the awesome A&M tennis club happenings since moving on to the "real world" this year.  So much so that when the powers that be asked me to join the USTA committee that oversees all things Tennis on Campus / collegiate tennis in Texas, of course I said yes!  So anyways, there's a meeting this weekend in Dallas where we will make some decisions on ToC for 08-09.  

Here's where you come in.  If you have ANY input, the good, complaints, pretty much anything you'd like to see changed about the tournaments, sectionals, or anything the USTA should be doing for us, reply back to this email (they'll get responses back to me) and I'll make sure it gets brought up.  I'm hoping to stop by club on Sunday on my way back from Dallas to let ya'll know how it went and hit a few balls.  See ya then!

Old fogey Matt Sumrall 

Thanks Matt.  Remember guys and gals, your input is really important in this matter, because this will make Tennis on Campus bigger and better for us as a club, and for you as a member.  Also, we are still in desperate need of girls for both Waco and Sectionals.  So if any of you girls still wanna play let us know ASAP.

Thanks and Gig'Em!

-Jonathan "i hope it don't rain" Brower

--
------------------------------
Texas A&M Tennis Club
tamu10s@gmail.com
http://tennisclub.tamu.edu

No comments: